To date we have over 2,200 members (plus 150 young savers) and to improve the services available to them we need to continue to grow our membership.
Even if you never need a loan - investing part of your savings with First Dorset Credit Union will help us to help others in your community.
It is easy to join us! Just fill in one form, and provide two forms of identification (e.g passport/driving licence and a phone/gas bill) and two passport-size photographs
Please click on the links below to see the forms in .doc format. Or use the contact us form to send us your name and address and we will send you a copy.
Am I eligible?
To become a member of the FIRST DORSET CREDIT UNION you should
• be over 18 years of age ( Young Saver membership also welcomed )
• live or work within the Common Bond area
What will I need?
• two forms of ID (one of which must confirm your address)
For example if you live in the common bond area this could be:
· full driving licence
· any up-to-date Social Security Book
· recent bill e.g. gas, electricity, telephone
If you work but not live in the common bond area this must be:
· a current pay slip which includes your employer's address or
· a letter from your employer
• a minimum of £5 (£4 for membership and £1 for shares)
• a completed membership form
• two passport sized photographs for I D Card
The completed membership form, the two forms of identity and money for membership and shares should be either
• taken to your nearest FIRST DORSET CREDIT UNION service point
Check the service points page or ring 01305 268444 for details of your nearest service point
• posted to FIRST DORSET CREDIT UNION Ltd
40 High East Street,
Please do not include cash in the envelope.